NOTICE:
I am starting to work with updating this board.  Not sure how long it will take me.
IF YOU SEE "BOARD NOT AVAILABLE"  at times, this will be due to the update.
Also moving files around on my server.

I will try not to keep it disabled long.

The new update should be better, and will be responsive. which means,  it can be viewed by most devices.

rask cycle
motorcycle message board

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
1980 fxe 

hey, i know its probably a bad idea, but i just installed the 11mm belt drive kit today, along w/ that, i have a five finger hub, new releasing disk, springs, kevlar frictions, and steels w/ anti-rattle balls.
my question is, after assembling this, the only way i can put it together is w/ three frictions, not the five from the kit, i dont see why this is, if i were to try and use all five, i would have to get like two more people to push in on the adjuster plate to even get the adjuster nuts started.
did i buy something not compatible?!
it had stock 3 finger hub, w/ five friction disks, do i have to run a diaphragm clutch w/ this or something.
would it be possible to run three friction disks and be o.k.
i dont know if its the belt drive basket, the hub, the springs are a little longer, like a 16 of an inch. i dont remember taking it apart w/ that much pre-load on the assy.
sos, thanks, j.d.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:47 pm
Site Admin

I have already told you its a bad idea, and it WILL NOT work.What part of what I said didnt you believe? You cant polish a turd. It sounds like you not only have a bad system that will not work right because of its design, you also have a bad system that wasnt even made right to begin with . Junk is junk. Put the chain drive ( which WE sell)on and go for a ride.Trying to get the belt drive to work is going to cost you A LOT more money in the long run( ruined mainshaft and sprocket shaft bearings, bent shift forks, etc.). Trust me , it WILL be cheaper for you to throw the whole setup in the garbage and buy a complete new stock setup ( which WE sell)

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:21 am
Profile WWW

right on, the hub was made someplace in east asia, put it next to stock, noticable differences. didnt not believe you, just already spent the $$$ on this junk, my mission was to not have to run oil to the primary side, ill have to rethink this.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:30 pm
Site Admin

Whats to rethink? If you run the belt drive - the clutch WILL NOT work right, the main drive gear bearing and sprocket shaft bearing life WILL be reduced, and it will be a CONSTANT pain in the ass to ride. If you run the chain drive - it will work- period. Its a hard pill to swallow , but if you throw the belt drive IN THE GARBAGE , then go pay TOP DOLLAR for a chain drive setup., you will not only SAVE money, you will be riding sooner, it will be LOTS less hassle ,and and you will enjoy it a lot more. Quit reading cycle rags , they have the ADVERTISERS well being in mind, NOT the readers. Belt drives are just the tip of the iceberg as far as the shit that the bike rags promote that is actually GARBAGE.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:36 am
Profile WWW

hey gary,
just a follow up, i contacted primo belt drives, e-mailed them pictures of where they machined this part wrong. they didn't machine the depth of the basket deep enough, like a heavy 1/4 off. therefore leaving not enough hub stud to even see once you put springs on them, you'd have to almost collapse the spring to start the adj. nuts.
i e-mailed them on a tech issue, they put me in touch w/ a salesman, i went round w/ three e-mails, sent them photos, no help, i'm getting my scoot ready to putt this season, just want you and everyone that reads this forum, that primo belt drive co. is a corporate co., takes your $$, then puts you in touch w/ no-nothings !!!!! thanks, j.d.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:45 pm
Site Admin

Sorry had to bounce a scammer. Please ignore the earlier multiple posts about a "crank housing". The posts did not make sense and have been deleted

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]